Redwood City Alzheimers Home Care
Agility Health is your trusted resource for Redwood City Alzheimers Home Care. Call today to learn how we can help with the care of a loved one who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
Alzheimers is one of the most common forms of dementia. It leads to general memory loss and a loss of cognitive ability serious enough to interfere with everyday life. The greatest risk factor for Alzheimer’s is age. Being a progressive disease, the symptoms of Alzheimer’s only worsen with time.
How To Care For A Patient With Alzheimer's
If you have a loved one suffering from Alzheimer’s, then you know that they need special care and attention. Some important tasks to do when caring for a patient with Alzheimer’s include:
- Establishing a daily routine: Patients with Alzheimer’s deal better with daily routines.
- Ensuring they take their prescribed medication on time: With Alzheimer’s patients struggling with memory, it is common for them to forget to take their medications.
- Having a complete understanding of when to give which medicine based on need. For example, people with Alzheimer’s may not accurately report being in pain. If pain is suspected, it is best to identify the cause and know which medicine to administer to help manage the pain.
- Ensuring adequate food and fluid intake and exercise to maintain the good physical health of the patient.
- Facilitating conversation and engaging your loved one in activities they enjoy
- Giving simple, easy-to-follow instructions, and developing a relationship of trust and friendship with the patient to ensure effective communication and understanding with the patient.
- Making necessary environmental adjustments: Alzheimer’s patients dealing with memory loss are more likely to get confused. It is important to create an environment they are comfortable in. . Typically, this will include a quiet and slower pace of life and having furnishings that are safe in design and shape and not in the way.
- Assisting with personal care of the patient: This could include helping them go to the toilet, showering , changing clothes , and reminding them to conduct other personal needs.
Over time, the symptoms of patients with Alzheimers may get worse and they need more and more assistance in their daily life. This kind of care is not easy for a loved one or relatives to provide on their own. It can be stressful and challenging and practically impossible for those working and supporting a family. In such cases, people often look to other care options, which include home-care services or hospitalization of the patient to ensure effective, professional care is provided.
Why Home-Care Is Better Than Hospitalization
There are several factors that make home-care a better option when providing care for a patient with Alzheimer’s than hospitalization:
- Familiar surroundings: Given how much familiarity matters to patients with Alzheimer’s, keeping them within the comfort of their own home makes them much more comfortable, settled, and well-oriented.
- Customized care: By hiring home-care, you ensure that a dedicated healthcare plan is established, particularly customized to the needs of your loved one.
- One-on-one relationship: In contrast to the rotating care offered in a hospital, home-care allows for a one-on-one relationship to be developed between the professional caregiver and the patient. This creates an extra level of comfort for the patient and facilitates clear, effective communication and understanding between caregiver and patient.
- Cost-effective: Caring for an Alzheimer’s patient is a long, ongoing process. You need to choose care that is affordable over a long period of time. Home-care is more cost-effective than hospitalization without compromising on the quality of care offered.
Home-Care Services We Offer
When it comes to offering quality home care services to Alzheimer’s patients, we are among the best in the business. We know that the needs of Alzheimer’s patients vary significantly based on how far their illness has progressed. This is why we offer a variety of services such as live-in care, skilled care, home-care, and dementia-care. Also, we recognize the need to ensure that our clients pay for only the service they need. This is why we offer two different types of health-care service options to choose from:
- Round-the-clock home-care: For those patients needing constant care and have no one else during the whole day to care for them, our 24-hour home-care service is the ideal option.
- Scheduled home-care: With this option, you can decide when and for how long you need home-care for your loved one. This is ideal for those patients who are not in the advanced stages of Alzheimer’s and who have other caregivers available to look after them for part of the day. We offer hourly-care services, ensuring our clients only pay for the hours needed.
Why Choose Us for Redwood City Alzheimers Home Care
What makes Agility Health the better choice?
- Experienced, Professional Caregivers: Our nurses and caregivers are experienced professionals, who have gone through a thorough screening and training process before starting their work with us.
- Customized Care: We know every patient and their needs are different. This is why we take a customized approach with each of our clients. Our team will make every effort to understand what they need and how to best improve the quality of life of your loved one before making a healthcare plan designed to help in every way possible.
- Cost-Competitive: We know the strain that providing professional care for a loved one can put on your finances. This is why we strive to offer different packages to ensure that you pay only for the type of service you need. And even then, we make every effort to keep our rates among the most competitive in the market.
- Positive Customer Reviews: There is no one better to tell you about the quality of our service than those who have experienced it. The long list of glowing online reviews about the quality of home-care we offer to our Alzheimer’s patients is proof that we deliver on every promise we make.
Watching your loved ones deal with Alzheimer’s is an emotionally draining experience. Arranging for professional home-care designed to improve the quality of their life, will help you with the assurance and knowledge that your loved one is getting the best possible care for their condition, even if you can’t be there for them every moment of every day. So, call Agility Health today at 650-453-5100 and let us help you care for your loved one.
We approach every patient with the compassion and consideration they deserve.
Respect builds the trust that is essential when providing quality in-home care.
We operate with honesty and integrity, guaranteeing our patients will receive the highest quality care possible.
Our Caregivers Are Here to Help. Reach Out Today.
Contact us today for more information and a free consultation.